TOWN OF WORCESTER
ROAD CREW MEMBER
The Town of Worcester seeks a full-time (40 hour per week) Road Crew Member to perform operations with a three-person Highway Department. Seasonal overtime required. Applications are available by clicking on this link
Requirements: Class B CDL and current medical card; high school diploma or GED; basic computer skills; highway maintenance, heavy equipment operation and/or equivalent construction experience preferred. Will train suitable candidate. Pre-employment drug test required. Compressive Benefit package included after probationary period.
To apply, send a confidential letter of interest with your completed application to:
PO Box 161
Worcester VT 05682
or email firstname.lastname@example.org with Road Crew Member Position in the subject line.
Applications must be received on or before March 16th , 2020 by 5 PM. EOE.
The Town of Worcester is an equal opportunity employer. The Town considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, HIV status, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Town Meeting Day is Tuesday, March 3rd. It is also Vermont’s Presidential Primary, your opportunity to help select either the Democratic or Republican candidate who will be on the ballot in November.
If you are not registered to vote, it’s easy and takes only a few minutes.
1) The old fashioned way: Visit your Town Clerk’s Office during business hours.
Worcester (HRS: M 3-7 ,T -Th 8-4, F 7-10am)
2) Online via the Vermont Secretary of State’s website. Everything you need to know about registering online or in person, as well as absentee voting, is available at this link:
One last important reminder:
For the Presidential Primary, every voter (whether early or on election day) must choose which ballot, Democratic or Republican, they wish to vote. You will only be given the ballot you requested and your choice is recorded on the entrance checklist. See 17 V.S.A. § 2704. The absentee request form (both the paper form and online) contains a box for you, the voter, to check which ballot you wish to receive. The request is not complete if you have not indicated which ballot you want to receive.
Green Mountain Passport Program
A program offering free day-use passes to Vermont State Parks and Historic Sites for Vermonters 62 years of age or older.
What is it?
A program offering free day use passes to Vermont State Parks and Historic Sites
Who is Eligible?
1. Vermont residents at least 62 years of age, or
2. Vermont Veterans of the uniformed services.
How Do I Get My Passport Card?
1. Complete and application at your town office
2. Submit a one-time $2 Fee
3. Receive your Green Mountain Passport Card – good for life! (nontransferrable).
Green Mountain Passport Application Form
1. Applicant must be a resident of Vermont and of the municipality where application is made.
2. The applicant must swear under oath that he/she is a legal resident of Vermont and is either the age of 62 or older, or a Veteran of the uniformed services.
3. Applicant completes the application and submits $2.00 to the town official.
4. Clerk certifies application, fills out the Passport card and gives card to the applicant.
5. Clerk maintains records for fiscal accounting for municipal records, replacement of lost cards, and reporting of total number of cards issued.
Vermont State Historic Sites
- Bennington Monument, Bennington
- President Calvin Coolidge’s
- Community Plymouth Notch
- President Chester Arthur Historic Site, Fairfield
- Chimney Point, Addison
- Hubbardton Battlefield, Hubbardton
- Senator Justin Morrill Homestead, Strafford
- Mount Independent, Orwell
- Old Constitution House, Windsor
- Eureka Schoolhouse, Springfield
- Underwater Preserves, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Vergennes.
The Worcester Town Complex is located at 20 Worcester Village Road, Worcester, Vermont 05682. The Complex is home to the Town Clerk/Treasurer’s Office, the Delinquent Tax Collector’s office, the Volunteer Fire Department and the Listers’ Office. The Town mailing address is P.O. Box 161, Worcester, VT 05682
The Highway Department is located at 11 Maxham Drive.
Town Clerk/Treasurer/Delinquent Tax Collector’s regular office hours:
Monday: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am – 10:00 am, and by appointment after 10:00 am
The Listers’ regular office hours are Wednesdays 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Phone and email
The Worcester Town Complex phone number is (802) 223-6942.
Katie Winkeljohn, Town Clerk/Treasurer/Delinquent Tax Collector-Extension 0
Listers’ Office-Extension 1
Will Sutton, Fire Chief-Extension 3
Brian Powers, Road Commissioner-223-6903
The Fax number is 229-5216
Office e-mail: email@example.com
For additional listings and contact information, please see the full Directory.